We publish our most needed items on our website via the Monthly Update tab and on a sign outside our office.
Other items we can always use:
- Grits (single serving packets)
- Canned tuna and chicken
- Oatmeal (single serving packets)
- Breakfast cereals
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Canned soups and stews
- Canned pasta
- Dried pasta
- Pasta sauce
- Macaroni and cheese
- Dried beans
- Plastic Bags (for bagging the groceries for our clients)
- Quart-sized Bags (Ziploc, Glad or store brand) – we use these to break down bulk donations for distribution to clients
- Ballpoint pens (we use these at our front desk and replace them often)
- Personal care items such as toilet paper, deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo, and bar and liquid soap.
We also appreciate these items:
- Dry milk
- Fruit juice
- Dried fruit
- Fresh fruits and vegetables with good shelf life that do not require refrigeration (e.g. potatoes, onions, apples, oranges)
- Dog and cat food, and cat litter (Many of our clients will share their groceries with their beloved pets, so we also collect and distribute pet food to our clients.)
What about perishable or refrigerated items?
We now have a Walk-In Cooler at Pastor’s Pantry, so we can accept your perishable donations.