Any amount of time you can give — once in a while or on a regular basis — will be appreciated!
We also encourage everyone to register Pastor’s Pantry as the designated charity on your Amazon.com account. Instructions can be found on this site under the How To Help tab via the Shop For Us link.
We need volunteers for many tasks, including
- receiving clients in our lobby
- picking up groceries at Food Lion
- collecting plastic grocery bags
- stocking and bagging food in our warehouse
- delivering groceries to clients
- transporting empty box cardboard to the county landfill for recycling
Volunteering on a Regular Basis
- in-house receptionist at sign-in desk (schedule as desired)
- once-a-month delivery of groceries to clients (approximately 1 – 2 hrs)
- once-a-week pickup of donated groceries from Food Lion (approximately 1 – 1 ½ hrs)
- once-a-week delivery of boxes to the landfill for recycling (approximately 1 hr)
- up to twice-a-week seasonal pickup of unsold food at the Lexington Farmers Market
Volunteering When You Have the Time, or As Needed
- collect and bring plastic bags and/or egg cartons to the Pantry
- stocking donated goods and breaking down boxes
- help with processing large mailings and working on computers
- pickup from Second Harvest Food Bank in Winston-Salem
Ready to Volunteer? Give us a call at 336-249-8824.